Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner
I love me some eyeliner. When I'm looking for a quick fix or a crazy color I go for my beloved Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil. But when I want to take a little more time and go for a classic look, there's no better choice than gel eyeliner. And when you're using gel eyeliner, there's no better brand than Bobbi Brown.
Bobbi Brown is the queen of classic, natural, you-but-infinitely-better makeup, so it's no surprise that she's created the ultimate in gel eyeliner. For the uninitiated, here's the beauty of gel eyeliner: It stays put, first of all (this particular formula is waterproof, smudge proof, basically life-proof). It gives you the precise look of a liquid liner but is MUCH easier to apply, and you can vary your look easily (all these looks can be achieved with gel liner). I prefer a kind of thick line, just because I have big, round eyes and I can pull off a stronger line. Oh, and while I prefer basic black, this liner also comes in seven other colors. Here's a pic I took wearing my Bobbi Brown liner (this is actually a picture I took with a baby, but since it's illegal to publish a picture of someone else's kid, and we're trying to focus on my eyeballs, the photo is oddly cropped. It's also edited, because what's the point of having an iPhone if you don't have like 20 photo apps to mess with your pics?)
And just in case you hasn't seen enough of my gallery of selfies (90% of which are taken to check my makeup, the other 10% are to check my outfit. Like Cher Horowitz, I don't trust mirrors), here's another shot that highlights my Bobbi Brown adorned eyes. This one was actually an attempt to highlight my Yves Saint Laurent Volupte Sheer Candy Lip Balm, but I didn't use it in that post because I thought my face looked weird. I look like I'm trying to do a duckface, but that's just how my face looks, and then I got self conscious... anyway, I'm over it, so here I am in all my large-featured Eastern European glory:
I've tried a few gel eyeliners in my time, but Bobbi Brown is the best, for the above mentioned reasons. I haven't yet found my ideal eyeliner brush, however. I'm taking recommendations! Right now I'm switching between two I got at Target. One is a Sonia Kashuk flat eyeliner brush, and the other is an angled eyeliner brush from e.l.f. I like the angled brush for it's ease of use. I can really just swipe on my eyeliner and it's straight and crisp right away. The flat brush takes a little more finesse and time. With a flat brush you don't necessarily want to draw it on in a line, but rather dip your brush in the liner, then place it on your lash line, essentially stamping the color on. You repeat this step over and over again, slowly making a line. Once you've gotten your line, you can fill in spots as needed. It takes longer, and I usually have to straighten up my line with a Q-tip and some makeup remover, but I still like the look I get from a flat brush. I'd like to try some higher-end brushes to see if that makes the process easier. I'll of course keep you posted on that process, but right now my two Target brushes are perfectly workable.